04 AUGUST 2017 JEWELWEED
– Strength: Work up to a 2-3 challenging sets of squat clean and jerk. These should not be maximal, but more a chance to get in some fast sets. Make sure to remember your numbers from today as we’ll see more EMOM work with the clean and jerk in the near future.
– Metcon: Each round will be fast, so use the rest to regain your composure and get through each at near 90% of maximal effort.
No singles on TTB as we have been working on the rhythm of the movement. Choose a marker on the wall to get the toes to and MAINTAIN it!
DOUBLES will be the minimum, but triples or more are preferred as the gap between double and triples is the real difference between cycling and not cycling this movement correctly.
1 Rep Squat Clean + Jerk
– Spend 5:00 warming before starting the clock
– Start at 50% and add weight each round
– Goal is to end around 85% of 1RM.
– Beginners: Technique Work
5 Clean and Jerks (115, 75)
*20 minute cap
*no singles on TTB, if you can’t string then working the exaggerated hollow swings to learn rhythm