WE’RE ALL THE SAME …… BUT DIFFERENT!
Humans lean to the ‘why me’s?’ do we not?
The ‘why can’t I’s?’ The ‘how come he’s?’ As if the ‘they’s’ in our lives have it so much better than the ‘we’s.’
Call it what you want. In the end it boils down to self-pity. Ugly. But ugly doesn’t change true.
It’s a mind-set born out of comparison and self centered thinking – a thinking that can be cured by not comparing yourself to THEM. Accepting YOU. And then working within that framework to make the best of it.
About 20% of our CFBB/CFSL family struggle to put/keep weight on. The other 80% struggle to take/keep weight off. Both would ‘seemingly’ trade places with the other.
We know the dangers of obesity. BUT what about the plight of our extremely thin fellow athletes:
“About 20% of our CFBB/CFSL family struggle to put/keep weight on.
The other 80% struggle to take/keep weight off.
Both would ‘seemingly’ trade places with the other.”
HIDDEN BUT DEADLY
Though people may look slim, many deposit fat internally in dangerous places around the liver and heart placing them at risk for Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. (Dr. Ruth Loos, Cambridge University)
Hip fractures are a leading cause of injury among women in middle age and death among older people. (Archives of Internal Medicine)
ARTHRITIS AND HEART DISEASE
Underweight people who have arthritis are three times more likely to die from heart disease in middle age than people of normal weight. (Mayo Clinic, U.S.)
Women who have a low BMI before they become pregnant are 72 per cent more likely to suffer a miscarriage in the first three months of pregnancy. Also, those who do conceive are at risk of severe nausea during pregnancy putting them and the unborn child at risk for dehydration and malnutrition. (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)
Thinner men carry a significantly higher suicide risk. (American Journal of Epidemiology)
Slender, older women are more susceptible to a range of chronic lung problems such as bronchitis, pneumonia and asthma, according to a long series of studies over the past 20 years.
Thin women could also have problems with growth-factor hormones crucial to the constant maintenance of healthy lung tissue. (Journal of Gender Medicine)
Being too thin can affect a man’s fertility. Sperm counts are more than a third lower in underweight men and so was the concentration of their sperm — another important measure of fertility. (Danish Surveys.)
WHAT’S THE SOLUTION?
We believe that your wellness is our ‘marker of success.’ It’s how we can best answer the questions that we ask ourselves daily…… are we HELPING you to the utmost of our ability? Are we providing you with all that we can for you to attain and maintain ‘wellness?’ And are we offering you a picture of, and an opportunity to, live a life of EXCELLENCE?
Whatever your battle ….. too thin, too fat, or even too weak, ….. eating real food – eating clean food, is 80% to 90% of what it will take to win. Through programs such as our Paleo Challenges, our more intensive 12 Week Nutrition Coaching program and our Personalized Nutrition/Lifestyle Development Training we seek to provide you with the guidance, the tools, the knowledge and the encouragement you need along the way. You win? We win!
It starts by changing your mindset. It starts by getting off of the self-pity pot. It starts when you stop comparing yourself to ‘THEM.’ Accept ‘YOU.’ And then work within that framework to make the best of it, and to live a life of excellence.
L-2 CrossFit Trainer
CFBB/CFSL Nutrition/Mobility Coach
Master’s Regional Qualifier 2014